We all know that everyone has a favourite camera, photo editing software and perhaps even a favourite album design software. What you probably don’t know is that JAD software allows you to import your page designs in from other software…we love to share!
We hear you ask how is this possible? Well let us explain.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
It really is quite simple:
- Create your page layouts using one of the compatible album design software programs (See below)
- Export the page layouts you have created as Jpegs.
- Import the page layouts into JAD and drag them into the corresponding pages
Need some more details? We thought you might, so read on for the specifics!
- Design your page spreads in your preferred software*.
- Export the page layouts*
- Open up JAD and create your preferred Album. Complete all the order information (page number, cover material etc).
- When you get to the following PAGES AND MATS screen, simply select ALBUM DESIGN FROM THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE
- Add the images to your album. To do this simply select IMAGES > ADD IMAGES. Then select the exported page layouts you created in the other software in jpeg format. These will then appear in your image selection menu to add to your album.
- Drag and drop your selected images on the page spreads.
*If you are using Adobe Indesign or Adobe Photoshop be sure to create all the page layouts as double page spreads. Export these as flattened jpegs.
WHICH ALBUMS CAN I DO THIS FOR?
This is currently available for all Digital Albums (Komplet Collection), Press books & Fine Art Albums.
WHAT ARE THE SOFTWARE PROGRAMS I CAN USE?
Currently, you can use an of the following programs:
If you get stuck at all, please feel free to use the online chat on the bottom right of your screen and we can talk you through this is real time! Alternatively, you can always contact us!